Birchwood Family Medicine, Defined
Family Medicine is the center of primary care. Unlike other specialties that are limited to a particular organ or disease, family physicians are the only specialists qualified to treat most ailments and provide comprehensive health care for people of all ages — from newborns to seniors. At Birchwood Family Medicine, this looks like:
- Caring for patients regardless of age or health condition, sustaining an enduring and trusting relationship
- Understanding community-level factors and social determinants of health
- Serving as a patient’s first contact for health concerns
- Navigating the health care system with patients, including specialist and hospital care coordination and follow-up
- Using data and technology to coordinate services and enhance care
- Considering the impact of health on a patient’s family
As a Birchwood Family Medicine direct primary care patient, you forge a relationship with a doctor that knows you. No more scheduling months in advance; Dr. Dall-Winther is at your fingertips. If you need an in-person visit, you can usually book one the same or very next day. Dr. Dall-Winther will stay on top of your health by:
- running preventative tests
- diagnosing you when you’re sick
- prescribing medicines (and often dispensing them to you herself at wholesale prices, saving you that extra trip to the pharmacy)
- negotiating low prices on blood tests and scans
- quickly addressing any health concerns or questions you have
- coordinating your care with specialists and hospitals, as needed.
Regular access to a primary care physician has been associated with:
- Lower infant mortality
- Higher birth weights
- Immunization rates above national standards
- Lower overall health care costs
- Longer, healthier lives
Passion for patients is what created Birchwood Family Medicine. Combine that with Dr. Dall-Winther’s deep knowledge of the human body and you’ve got a very unique, effective primary care clinic. “Industrial healthcare sees patients as a way to achieve business goals, resulting in accidental cruelty, burnout, and an absence of care,”
says Dr. Victor Montori of The Patient Revolution.
We are thrilled to be introducing careful, kind, evidence-based, affordable, whole-person medical care to Northwest Wisconsin. High-value care will be our standard, where value = (excellent health outcomes + safe care + happy patients) / cost.